Perhaps you've found no easy answer in Zoho Help for mass or bulk emailing Accounts, Contacts, Prospects or Leads. These instructions pertain to Accounts. Sending e-mail to other groups may vary somewhat.
Use filters in Zoho to determine the group of people who are to receive a message saved in an email template.
Create an Email Template
- In Zoho click on Setup:
- Click on Mail-Merge Templates:
- Create Template in Zoho Writer
- Give the template a name (and description).
- Indicate the location where the template will be stored.
- Select the Module and click Create.
- Compose the email.
- Go to Tools > Mail Merge > Insert Merge Field to enter mail-merge fields.
- There is no save button. The document will auto save when the screen in closed and the saved document will appear on the ensuing screen.
Define Email Recipients
- Go to Accounts on the main menu.
- Directly under accounts hover over the field just below Accounts and select 'Create View'.
- Type a name for the View.
- If the View will be used frequently, check 'Mark as Favorite'.
- Select any entry in the Selected-Columns box and Click the red x to remove it.
- Select an entry in 'Available Columns' and click Add to add it. Repeat as needed.
- Check who should be allowed to see the View.
- Under Specify Criteria click the up/down arrow in the 'None' box and select the criteria for defining the people to receive the email.
- In the box to the right, select the 'filter'. If a numerical field was selected above, math operators will appear. Otherwise 'if statements' will appear. Choose one.
- In the last box enter the search parameter.
- Click on Save.
Merge Records with Email Template
- Saving the record will return a list of recipients. Check the box to the left of Account Name to select all records.
- Click the down arrow next to More Actions and press Mail Merge.
- On the next screen select the template for the email and click Merge.
- Edit the template if necessary.
- Note the message at the top: "Changes are saved only in current Document. Use..."
- To preview the mailing, go to Tools > Mail Merge > Finish and Merge > Preview Merged Document.
- To send the mailing, go to Tools > Mail Merge > Finish and Merge > Email Merged Document.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select the Email field.
- A subject must be entered and can contain a field (like Hello Accounts_First_Name):
- Press Send.
- If this message appears:
...one or more records chosen don't have an email address.